Flowing 32 miles from the Greers Ferry Lake dam site in Heber Springs, through Pangburn, and into the White River, the Little Red River is a first-class destination for trout fishing and water sports such as floating.
Greers Ferry Dam ….. 0.0
Cow Shoals ……….. 5.5
Winkley Bridge ……. 10.0
Moss Dam Shoal ……. 14.0
Lobo Access ………. 17.0
Mossy Shoal ………. 20.0
Pangburn Bridge …… 24.0
Ramsey Access …….. 29.0
Free boat launching at Game & Fish areas at Winkley Bridge (Barnett access), Lobo access (adjacent to trout dock), Dripping Springs (adjacent to trout dock), Ramsey access east of Pangburn, and below Lake Dam near trout hatchery.
All boat docks have campsites available for a small fee. No camping at public access areas.
See the current Arkansas Fishing Regulations booklet published by the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission for complete details on fishing regulations for the Little Red River and Greers Ferry Lake.
Resident and non-resident, as well as trout permits, available at all trout docks.
Power Generation Periods: Call (501) 362-5150 for schedules.
• Wear Coast Guard approved life jackets when around water.
• Water and alcohol do not mix.
• Check weather forecast before embarking on activities.
• Be aware of YOUR personal water skill and knowledge.
• Check all safety equipment, replace and repair before launching.
• File a float plan with family and friends.
• Be a courteous boater, follow the rules of the water.
• Swimming near or under platforms on outboard motorboats, where CO2 (carbon monoxide) fumes accumulate, can kill.
• Never swim alone, always swim with a buddy and in designated areas.
• Diving or jumping from cliffs and bluffs invites tragedy.
• Always supervise children of all ages when around open bodies of water.